A simple guide to the Remain and Leave campaigns’ reasons for voting with them.
Only 2 days to go…
For those of you living in a small dark cave with no electricity and neighbors, it may come as a surprise that the EU Referendum will be held this Thursday, June 23.
The rest have probably heard all they can stand from each side of the argument.
In fact there has been so much talk, so many accusations of scaremongering and negativity and downright lies especially when about the numbers, it might be useful to see quite simply what each side is saying.
Here are six reasons from the Remain and six from the Leave campaigns to help you make up your mind if you have not already done so.
The Remain Campaign
Slogan – Stronger, safer and better off in Europe
1. Three million UK jobs are linked to trade in Europe
2. Lower prices result from being in the EU
3. 200,000 UK businesses trade with the EU
4. £66 million a day comes from EU countries investing in the UK
5. The European arrest warrant helps catch criminals across Europe to make our country more secure
6. For every £1 we spend, we get almost £10 back in trade, jobs, investment and lower prices.
The Leave Campaign
Slogan – Take back control
1. We will save £350 million a week if we leave
2. We will be in charge of our own borders
3. We can control immigration
4. We will be free to trade with the whole world
5. We can make our own laws
6. The EU is still expanding with five more countries wanting to join.
How are you going to vote?
To Leave or To Remain? The Brexit Poll is a pooling of British EU referendum polls by NP&US. Affiliated with no pollster or campaign organisation.
- Remain (61%, 83 Votes)
- Leave (35%, 48 Votes)
- Don't know (4%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 136